ZCell powers ahead and cuts energy costs
Redflow’s ZCell residential battery enables homes and small businesses to self-consume their own solar energy, reduce energy costs and keep the lights on during power blackouts.
Australia is the ideal place for energy storage in the home or business, with high energy costs, widespread solar panel deployment and rapidly disappearing government solar feed-in tariffs. Rather than selling your solar power to the grid cheap and buying it back at a higher price, ZCell batteries let you store your own solar energy for when you need it. ZCell gives you greater energy independence and keeps your lights on when grid power blacks out.
Simon Hackett explains how the coming energy storage revolution disrupts the power system CLICK TO WATCH:
For home-based offices and small businesses, a ZCell energy storage system can keep your business running when your competitors are paralysed by power cuts.
If you’re building a new house on the urban fringe or turning your beachside weekender into your dream retirement home, ZCell can provide you with the perfect energy storage solution. Rather than paying more than $100,000 to connect a remote property to the grid – and facing a future filled with increasingly expensive electricity invoices – you can install a robust ZCell battery system with solar panels for a fraction of that cost and harvest your own stored solar-generated energy, with no power bills – ever!
As well as helping your hip pocket, ZCell energy storage also reduces carbon emissions, laying the path to a cleaner, more sustainable future. ZCell is built from easily recyclable or reusable materials, so there are no toxic leftovers at the end of its working life. Redflow backs ZCell with a 10-year warranty (see full warranty for details).
What makes ZCell unique in a world of lead-acid and lithium-based batteries is that it experiences no loss of energy storage capacity over time. So, in 10 years’ time, your ZCell will store 10 kilowatt hours (kWh) of energy – just as it did on the day you bought it.
ZCell is intrinsically safe for homes and offices, with its electrolyte made from bromine, an inherently non-flammable material. Deployed and configured by an approved installer, ZCell is a set-and-forget solution, although Redflow’s web-based Battery Management System (BMS) automatically records performance details which you can view from your computer or smartphone. Redflow battery benefits include:
- ZCell is the world’s smallest zinc-bromine flow battery, designed in Australia
- ZCell reduces your electricity costs by storing your solar energy for when you need it
- ZCell batteries deliver 100% depth of discharge daily
- Redflow backs ZCell with a 10-year warranty (see full warranty for details).
- ZCell can be stored at any state of charge – from empty to full – for months or years
- ZCell’s ‘virtual genset’ mode loses no power over time and starts in 30 seconds
- ZCell’s inherently non-flammable electrolyte means it has low risk of thermal runaway
- ZCell can power fire defence systems on high bushfire-risk days, when the grid sheds power
- ZCell comes in an attractive on-ground outdoor enclosure for easy installation
- ZCell has a smart, self-protecting, Internet-enabled Battery Management System (BMS)
- ZCell is made from easily reusable and recyclable materials.
- ZCell stores 10kWh of energy with no storage capacity loss over 10 years. Please contact Redflow for further details on this option.
Redflow residential energy storage: More resources
Customer case study: Alan Noble fires up ZCell for bushfire defences
Customer case study: Conservation SA showcases ZCell
Customer case study: Hackett house powers through state-wide blackout
ZCell approved installers: https://redflow.com/zcell-installers/